Leaving Antigua, W. I.

Monday, February 28, 2011

Close to the Finish LIne

Saturday, February 19, 2011

Fitting the hose to the exhasut
With the engine in place, we were able to find the right spot for the new seawater strainer and mount it.  We finished plumbing the seawater intake, and connected the shift and throttle cables.  We installed and plumbed the new vented loop in the seawater line to the exhaust elbow.  We pulled the battery cables back into place and connected them, as well as finishing the plumbing of the exhaust system.  We added oil to the crankcase and the transmission, and coolant to the cooling system.  We turned the key, and the engine purred to life instantly.  It is amazingly quiet compared to its predecessor, even allowing for the new sound insulation.  We checked that everything was working properly, and shut it down to 
3" hose into the muffler
wait for our turn to haul the boat out and draw the propeller shaft. 

Meanwhile, we can put our living space back in order.  We've been camping out among all sorts of cartons, lumber, and hardware for the past two weeks. 

The end is in sight.  Once we get the shaft and prop in, and the yard gets the bottom painted,, we should be happily back at anchor in Simpson Bay lagoon,

And out of the muffler

Hoses to water heater (Top), and
 modified throttle linkage

Seawater strainer, with
 shut off valve, in engine compartment

Oops!  The shaft won't reach.


No comments:

Post a Comment